* I'm becoming a fan of "Greasy Kid's Stuff." It's a Portland-produced radio show featuring music that's both kid-friendly and offbeat: The White Stripes song about friends that's in Napoleon Dynamite, parodies like the "Psycho Killer" re-work "Psycho Chicken," lots of They Might Be Giants and Portland's own pirate band Captain Bogg and Salty, the epic "Happy Noodle Versus Sad Noodle"...and married co-hosts Belinda and Hova, who clearly have fun with each other and with their kid.
* Nellie McKay is my kind of evil. I'm listening to her first album a lot, some of it sounding all jazz-standard-like (think throatier Norah Jones) but then going into angry like the hip-hop song "Sari" or "It's a Pose" ("No, honey, it's your arrogance that makes you special"). (Edited to Add: Actually, this unofficial site is better; more informative.)
* Get Fuzzy made me laugh out loud yesterday. "Happy, happy, happy tree..." Oh, poor Satchel.
* Maw-widge. Maw-widge is what bwings us heaw to-dai... (Yep, that's the wedding-announcement web page for my longtime friend Tarah and her fiance John.)
* Making up words in my subject lines.