Meme time! Borrowed from Robyn from Massachusetts (or robyn_ma if ya need da linkage):
1. Pick one dozen movies that you have special feelings about. 2. Pick a few lines of dialogue that mean something to you. 3. As people guess the film, strike out that entry.
I cheated slightly in that you’re supposed to choose single lines, but there is one exchange. Some only have the special meaning that they make me giggle. And another quote has two possible answers; I’ll accept either film.
1. “What did I get that I couldn’t get from any guy with no name any day of the week?”
2. “Well, then I guess I am telling you what you want to hear.”
3. “No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.” (The Blues Brothers, as coffeeinhell figured out)
4. “Do you know the story of left hand-right hand, the battle of good and evil?” (robyn_ma guessed both: The Night of the Hunter with Robert Mitchum, and Do the Right Thing by Spike Lee.)
5. “Do you have any famous last words?” “Not yet.”
6. “An unexpected gift…at an unexpected time.”
7. “…Its origin and purpose still a total mystery.” (2001: A Space Odyssey. Muchas to the gracias, coffeeinhell...)
8. “And it is the humble opinion of this narrator that these things don’t just happen.”
9. “Sometimes – not often, but sometimes – I’m in the mood for a woman with a horse.”
10. “Fiji. You can't get any further away before you start coming back.” (The Truman Show, guessed correctly by coffeeinhell.)
11. “Agent Hurley, I want you to give this scumbag a cavity search. I'm talking Roto-Rooter. Don't stop until you reach the back of his teeth.” (Again, bully to robyn_ma for guessing Beavis and Butthead Do America.)
12. “Mikey, why don't you tell that nice girl you love her? ‘I love you with all-a my heart, if I don't see-a you again soon, I'm-a gonna die...’ " (The Godfather. Thanks, robyn_ma!)