* Nice to have a day where I didn't need deodorant...
* Dinner tonight: homemade chili. Lunch for the next few days: homemade chili. (I like chili.)
* I've chuckled knowingly several times at Before Dishonor
, Peter David
's most recent Star Trek: TNG
novel. I'm enjoying it, and enjoying being back in the Star Trek
universe. And one particular Borg-related bit? I did NOT see that coming.
Plus I'm amused and gladdened that Picard and Dr. Crusher have finally gotten it on. ;-)
* Big emotion via the TV today: I've been dipping into bits here and there of The Lord of the Rings
, which TNT's been showing in its theatrical entirety today. I "air-conducted" the score more than once; I got emotional more than once. In fact, I kept tuning in at emotional moments: the Ents marching through the destroyed forest in The Two Towers
, the victory at Helm's Deep and Sam's "the important stories" speech later in that film, the lighting of the beacons in Return of the King
, moments like that. I also got a little emotional, thanks to another channel, at the climax of the second X-Men
film (at which I thought to myself, "That's Jean Grey's Kobayashi Maru
* There. Soon the thoughts I'll be thinking will be dream-thoughts. I hope the same for the rest of you.