Other miscellaneous thoughts:
• I hear some Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness-era, in Led's "The Rain Song." I especially like Mellon Collie, so this is good.
• I'm amused that there's a sort-of-joke song on this album, "The Crunge." And it also still works as a song!
• "No Quarter": ah, some more of the drawing-from-the-same-influences-as-Pink-F
• I keep expecting the album to keep going after "The Ocean," and I'm still a little surprised when the songs stop. I'm guessing that meant in the LP days, that encouraged listeners to flip the album over and re-listen. Maybe I'm more a product of the era, when CDs were growing more prevalent, when some albums would have a very definite "this is the last song" song. Think Tori Amos's Little Earthquakes, as the title song closes the album. ...or am I talking out my ass? If I am, it's okay, it's my blog.
• Rice is a good breakfast. (I didn't say all the miscellaneous thoughts would be about Led Zeppelin.)