List five songs that you are currently digging ... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words or even if they're any good but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artist and the song in your blog along with your five songs. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.
1) Tom Waits, "What's He Building In There?" -- I actually like having the lyric "He cut down the tire swing from the pepper tree... He's got no children of his own, you see... He has no dog, he has no friends, and his lawn is dying... And what's with all those packages he sends?" stuck in my head.
2) Coldplay, "Speed of Sound" -- Nice dramatic sound.
3) R.E.M., "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" -- Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
4) Cake, "Comfort Eagle" -- Yay for deadpan melodramatic: "There's no need to ask directions if you ever lose your mind..."
5) Johnny Cash, "Hurt" -- I picture this song playing in a promo for a film or cable TV version of Stephen King's The Dark Tower.
Counter to instruction, this meme dead-ends with me, unless any of y'all decide to give your own list.