* My friend blubeagle’s gotten published online!
Here’s a link to the magazine (page links to PDFs of the magazine’s contents): Dark Reveries
* Random observation: If someone says “I’m not trying to be a jerk,” it’s surprisingly likely they are being a jerk.
* “It was the glory of the ’80s”: a music set on 94.7 NRK earlier included “Paranoimia” by Art of Noise with Max Headroom, Culture Club’s “Time,” Depeche Mode’s “Enjoy the Silence,” and other ’80s and ’80s-influenced goodness. Oh, I was smiling, I was, I was… (Update! That playlist also included "Pump Up the Volume" by M.A.R.R.S., "A Little Respect" by Erasure, and "Suedehead" by Morrisey.)
* Yesterday I received gooooooood stuff via Amazon: all three volumes of Invader Zim (sale prices for animated madness is very recommended) and a copy of an Australian band I’m getting into called Howling Bells. (Their first album’s songs are playing on their website.) Soaring, dramatic stuff. The goth parts of my personality were asserting themselves as I listened. Danced, even.
* Finally, as I told someone today, I’m glad my day hasn’t included my car bursting into flames. (But I’m feeling for those who can’t say that…) (Edited To Add: Another torching happened this morning, in NE Portland this time, and three suspects are in custody.)