"BAAA! YOU'RE ON MY FRIENDS LIST, I want to know 36 things about you. I don't care if we never talk, or if we already know everything about each other. Short and sweet is fine... You're on my list, so I want to know you better!
"BE HONEST! COPY FROM HERE, FILL 'EM OUT, THEN SEND A LINK TO ME IN A COMMENT. Or whatever works for you."
1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
A. No. 'twould be nice...
2) What was your dream growing up?
A. Be a writer.
3) What talent do you wish you had?
A. Doing that one-raised-eyebrow thing. (Seriously.)
4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
A. At least once, the Terminator stout chocolate milkshake at the Bagdad in Southeast Portland. And I've had enough whiskey to think "I think this could be my drink." I'm not much of an alcohol drinker.
5) Favorite vegetable?
A. I was going to say "avocado," but I just checked and it's a fruit. So...Potato!
6) What was the last book you read?
A. I last finished Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets by David Simon, who went on to create The Wire. His book also was the basis for the great show Homicide: Life on the Street, about the only police procedural show I've ever really liked.
7) What zodiac sign are you?
8) Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where.
A. Nothing intentional. ;-)
9) Worst habit?
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
A. True. I'd drive more carefully then, too.
11) What is your favorite sport?
A. American football. A genuinely great experience was watching the Super Bowl on a movie screen in 2002...
12) Do you have a negative or optimistic attitude?
A. Moody yet optimistic. (I am large, I contain multitudes...) I find cynicism to be, frankly, exhausting, and do what I can to fight it.
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
A. Make sure the outside world's aware of our stuck-ness. Then shoot the breeze, make you comfortable, maybe start a sing-along...
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
A. A drunk driver killing my best friend in 1997.
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
A. I unintentionally set off people's "gaydar." Trust me, if you saw into my mind you'd know I'm straight...
16) Do you have any pets?
A. Not now (the spiders around my place don't count). When I'm next living in a house, I'd like to get a mid-sized dog.
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
A. "Hey! How ya doin'? Come in, there's some room..." (I have a small studio.)
18) What was your first impression of me? (hmmm...careful!)
A. "Whoa." Followed by "She has a nice smile." (I've met inkygrrl in person once. I'm a sucker for (as s00j would say) "the Goth cuteness.")
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
A. I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that it may incriminate me. (No, that is NOT code for "I was a clown once"...)
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
A. The only changes I'd make are changes I can make, like improve my skin (it's dry) and be healthier. Honestly, my body and I more or less get along.
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
A. Conscience. But with crime-partner jokes.
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
A. Take the longest vacation of my life, seeing friends from Salem, Massachusetts to Hilo, Hawaii and several points in between.
27) What's your favorite place to hang at?
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
A. I do believe there's a kind of energy that we don't fully understand yet, that we interpret as ghosts. (It's a theory Stephen King talks about in his non-fiction book Danse Macabre.) Also, I've had one not-yet-explained event in my current apartment where a faucet went on by itself. I know we can't -- yet -- explain everything.
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
A. Walk. Portland's a wonderful walking town.
30) Do you swear a lot?
A. Profanity's really fucking overrated.
31) Biggest pet peeve?
A. People being bad to other people and to animals.
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
35) Do you believe in God?
A. I don't believe in an angry God. That's probably the best answer I can give.
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
A. Do as you will.
EDIT: I'm NOT gonna repost all my answers in each person's LJ comment section. They're here and I'll merely post my response to #18 and whatever others you want clarification on. (Stolen rule edit from mlerules.)