I also can pass along links:
* Who likes my singer-songwriter-friend s00j? Author Laurell K. Hamilton does! She attended a Sooj house concert last weekend. (Now I'm hoping to hear s00j's take on that concert.) elionwyr shared the link.
* Over on Keith R.A. DeCandido's journal, a question about Alaska spun off in a VERY different discussion direction. Involving sheep. I'm proud to have contributed to the madness! (And here I added this about my heritage: "Swedish-Irish-Scottish. I'm placidly fiery! (That's actually surprisingly apropos, come to think of it...)")
* Sexually suggestive lines in the original Star Wars trilogy.
* Mike Russell writes about the three Mississippi kids who, in a remarkable feat of geekdom, filmed a shot-for-shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark on a camcorder. (First Portland showing's Friday night at 7:00! I'll be there.) The piece includes side-by-side comparisons of shots from the original and shots from the adaptation.
* Oh, and my co-worker D. pointed out this double dactylic piece of higgeldy piggeldy:
Sergei RachmaninoffMore here!
Wrote his concertos for
Handspans like wings.
Play the darn things!