* Okay, I really DO need to plan more. Especially when heading to more expensive places like Boston. I should've checked on who I could've crashed with at the end of this trip. It would've been an awkward weekend for such crashing, too, because of my friends' plans, often involving moving, but I should've at least asked...early enough so I won't spring anything on anyone. (I did ask early enough to stay at Gojirawitziev at the very start of this trip two weeks ago.)
* Next time, I'll borrow a cell phone. I could have -- Mom and Dad were willing to spare one -- but I figured I'd be fine. Turns out I could've used it, even though I had no emergencies (and an emergency REALLY would've warranted one). Cells: not just good for dramatic purposes on 24...
* My next technology upgrade needs to be a laptop, maybe something like the small-but-mighty unit kradical uses (
* A hat? Good idea. Seriously. Sadly, slipjig's fabled Hat That Looks Good On Everyone is approaching retirement age, but I did wear it briefly and realized yep, it does look good on everyone. And I sunburned on my last full day on the East Coast, and I'm recovering from that, and as I didn't want to buy sunblock for just this trip (damn and blast TSA gel restrictions, meaning I couldn't pack sunblock), a hat would be a good investment. And if I get a good one, I get style points as well as head protection!
* I don't need an iPod yet. My head is song-full enough to keep me in music even when I'm away from my collection. (Hey, slipjig, "When I say 'Ro,' you say 'Bot'! 'Ro,' 'Bot,' 'Ro,' 'Bot,' when I say 'Bot,' you say 'Cat'! 'Bot,' 'Cat,' 'Bot,' 'Cat'...")