1. You have 10 dollars and need to buy snacks at a gas station, what do you buy?
Wow, a whole ten dollars? Never need that much for gas station snacks. Something meaty; maybe jerky. Oh, and if I'm in Portland, maybe a bottle of Viso.
2. If you were reincarnated as another creature, what would you be?
A gray whale.
3. Who's your favorite redhead?
Oh, so many...odd that I took a while to start appreciating redheads, but I made up for lost time. Too many to choose from! I punt. But as I once said, being a redhead automatically makes you 37% more likely to be cute.
4. What do you order when you're at IHOP?
I probably was last at an IHOP in the Eighties.
5. Last book you read?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Deathless, fun tie-in goodness by kradical. Right now I'm working on Peter David's Tigerheart and the essay book The X List: The National Society of Film Critics' Guide to the Movies that Turn Us On. Waiting: Katherine Dunn's Geek Love.
6. What is important in a relationship?
Keeping honest; keeping each other amused and entertained; finding each other fun, worthy, and attractive.
7. Describe the last time you were injured?
Hmm. That's rare. I'm more a "get scrapes and little bruises 'cause I'm gawky and clumsy" guy. Plus I have a real bad memory for where I get my injuries.
Falling flat on my face in a gravel-strewn alley...I gotta go back to the early '80s for that level of injury.
8. Of all your friends, who would you want to be stuck in a well with?
I dunno. Who's a good jumper?
9. Rock concert or symphony?
I can do both. Heck, one of my favorite CDs is Metallica's concert with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. "Maestro Michael Kamen at the helm, yeah!!!"
10. What is the wallpaper of your cell phone?
I wish not to add to the cell-phone plague. I may have to make an exception, but I'm resisting...
I can. I alternate between the light 7-Up-like stuff and the more syrupy. I do appreciate Stewart's lime sodas and cherry sodas.
12. Cranium or Monopoly?
Only ever played Monopoly.
13. One type of transportation for the rest of your life?
Personal rocket jet. (...what, you mean it hasn't been populatized yet??!)
14. Most recent movie you've watched in the theater?
Haven't gone to many lately; my last one was at the start of the month, the Cort and Fatboy screening of Smokey and the Bandit. (I need, need, need to see Hamlet 2. "Writing is so hard!" And Friday I get to see Ghostbusters on the big screen.) I went to a backyard screening of Steve Martin's The Jerk a couple of weeks ago.
15. What's your favorite kind of cake?
The lemon-JellO cake my mom makes from her mom Dorothy's recipe: simple and tart and goooooooooooooooood. At Grandma Dorothy's memorial, we all got the recipe.
16. Name an actor/actress who you think is hot:
Paulette Goddard. (Not the way she is NOW.)
17. What did you have for dinner last night?
I grazed and snacked, really: popcorn (I was feeling trashy), a few leaves of lettuce I grabbed, and some cucumber. I'd eaten pretty well at lunch, I wasn't starving. (I'll have a real dinner tonight, Mom, I promise.)
18. Look to your left, what do you see?
My bed, and a Russian-language T-shirt hanging on my wall.
19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Always. Otherwise I'd tear my feet off.
20. Favorite toy as a child?
Favorites: Lincoln Logs, Legos, and a pink plush elephant I called Spotty.
21. Do you buy your own groceries?
Yep. Kind of have to, being single and living-by-myself and all. (I doubt you're thinking of food-delivery services...)
22. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
23. When's the last time you had sour gummy worms?
Not my candy, though I do like gummy and I do like sour so you'd think they'd be my thing...
24. What's your favorite fruit?
25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel?
No, and I've done maybe one. Not many chances to get a shot of that.
26. How do you feel about long distance relationships?
Hard to make work.
27. Have you ever eaten snow?
28. What color are your bed sheets?
I'm using the white set, lightly cross-hatched like the world's largest and most anal-retentive crossword. I also have a tannish set.
29. What's your favorite flower?
30. Were you or are you in ballet?
Stumbling me? Nope nope nope. I still like to watch it, though...
31. Do you listen to classical music?
32. Do you have a "wacky noodle"?
I just found out from kradical's answer that that's for swimming. Don't have a swimming pool. So I don't have one.
33. Do you watch Spongebob?
No; I don't quite get it, honestly, though I find the theme song nicely maddening and the bit of the movie I saw strangely compelling. (I love that Caitlin R. Kiernan saw it in the theater, and left analyzing the gayness of it...)
34. Last food you ate?
35. Do people consider you smart?
36. What time is it?
6:37 p.m. at this moment. Less than half and hour 'til Cort and Fatboy!
37. Is your away message on?
Don't have a cell phone or an IM program to have an away message.
38. Have you ever tried gluing your fingers together?
I don't think so, at least not intentionally. AND I NEVER ATE PASTE.
39. What curse word do you use the most?
[Redacted, but trust me, it was blistering. Would've made your hair fall out and your skin flakes combust.]
40. Do you own an iPod?
41. What time is your alarm clock set for?
42. What CD is currently in your CD player?
Nothing right now.
43. What movie do you know every line to?
Closest to total know-age (I feel like making up words tonight) is Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but I can also recite huge whacks of Terry Gilliam's Brazil, Baron Munchausen and The Fisher King.
44. What is your favorite salad dressing?
I float among brands, mainly getting what I have coupons for. As for flavor, I grew up with Light Italian; now I like to go for peppery dressings. "Black Peppercorn Ranch" is love, almost no matter who makes it.
45. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
I have told the folks "There's a very good chance that whomever I bring home to meet you next will be pierced and tatted."
46. How old will you be on your next birthday?
47. Do you enjoy giving hugs?
Howdy hey yes indeed.
48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
During that first week of working from home at the start of June...and those butterflies went away when I thought Okay, I may be able to work from home, but not on THIS job. And those butterflies went away. Sign I made the right choice.
49. What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
Unless you're trying, it's hard to mispronounce "Chris Walsh." I remember it happening once. The guy announcing me as I was inducted into the National Honors Society managed to make "Walsh" two syllables long with a Ch sound.
50. How much money do you have?
Eight bucks in cash, something whatever in accounts (no I'm not going to tell you!).