Okay. But only ‘cause you asked nicely:
Office bull. Simple as that, really. To explain a little more, something annoying that, I believe, is based on SOMEONE ELSE’S MISTAKE had to happen right near the end of work Wednesday, and I was put on the spot in a way I found unfair. Don’t worry, I’ll deal with this and get us all straightened out, but after the confrontation (and yes, it felt like a confrontation, and an unnecessary one at that), I mumbled to myself, “Well, I WAS in a good mood before that…”
Moods can suck out energy. As a moody Irishman, I’ve had much experience with that. Plus I ran errands after work, so more exertion, that time walking around downtown. So I was tired yesterday, and slept a needed sleep. Today I was still stewing a little bit, so I avoided talking to most people, for fear I’d snap at them. (Except David, who wasn’t at work Wednesday, so he was an easy exception to make.) I stay subdued. Now I’m venting just enough (I hope) to get past this and get something positive done as a result.
An annoying thing is that the office annoyance was the ONLY really annoying thing that’s happened lately, so I need to GET PAST THAT. Towards that end, here’s a list of The Good Stuff from this week:
* I got my postcard back from docbrite! And it was doctored in a way befitting Doc Brite…
* I got from the library a copy of the System of a Down CD Toxicity. Baritoned screaming was exactly what I was in the mood for last night…
* Borders had my copy of docbrite’s The Devil You Know!
* happyspector e-mailed me both a nice note AND a few of his short stories. More reading material!
* I’m sitting up, taking nourishment, and not getting sick.
Okay. There. Always look on the bright side of life – *whistles* – always look on the light side of life… – *whistles* –